Our 3rd graders will take the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness in Math & Reading on May 14th & 15th! It is VERY important that all students are in school for these two days to take the state assessment. Our teachers have prepared them all year for this test and we wanted to share these tips to make sure they are ready to be "STAAR Busters" on May 14th & 15th!
1. Be sure your child gets a good night's sleep the day before the test!
2. Make sure your child eats a good breakfast (if they do not eat at school).
3. If you are supposed to glasses/contacts, be sure to wear them!
4. Take any necessary medications to manage the student's health on these days.
1. Come to school on time and ready to tackle the test! Do not be late!
2. You have a 4 hour time limit to take the test, so be sure to manage your time wisely and do your best!
3. Don't panic if you have a memory lapse or mental block. It's normal! Just move on to the next question and come back to the one you couldn't answer.
4. Think positive!
5. Be persistent! Don't give up!
We want to make sure that all of our 3rd Graders are ready to go on May 14th & 15th! Go Little Pickers!