Reasons a student at Driscoll Elementary might want to talk to a counselor.
- Feeling sad about something that has happened between them and a friend.
- Not getting along with fellow peers.
- Problems at home or with the teacher.
- Someone is bullying them.
Reasons a parent might want to talk to the school counselor.
- The child is not wanting to go to school.
- The child is concerned about not having friends.
- A death in the family.
- Family problems at home.
Reasons why teachers or administrators might want to talk to the school counselor
- To get ideas on how to help students develop more positive relationships.
- To get ideas on how to help a student with discipline problems.
- To get help with a new student who might need special attention.
- To get help with a new student who might need special services.
- To discuss a student's progress or lack of progress.